“Kappa*” shell styles from 1960: Take a look back….
Capiz shell styles of today:
Top 10 New Capiz Shell Lighting and Decor Styles
1. “Daliya” pendant light from Laura Ashley Home, available in Mauve (shown) or natural Capiz shell
2. “Dolce” island light from Corbett Lighting featuring Champagne Leaf finish and Capiz shell
3. “Affinity” wall sconce from Varaluz Lighting featuring New Bronze finish and Sustainable Towers of Natural Capiz shell
4. “Mosaic Tile” mirror from Cyan Design in natural Capiz shell
5. “Chadwick” wall sconce from Landmark Lighting featuring a Satin Nickel finish and Capiz shell
6. “Capiza” wall sconce from Landmark Lighting, featuring dyed Capize shells
7. “Cabibi Shell” from Wildwood Lamps featuring inlaid Capiz shell on lucite topped with a silk shade
8. ELK Lighting’s “Modern Organics” wall sconce featuring Capiz shells colored and aligned in opaque panels
9. Butler Specialty’s “Designer Edge” chest of drawers featuring white and gold Capiz shell inlays
10. “Chadwick” billiard light from Landmark Lighting
Capiz is a first-class province of the Philippines located in the western Visayas region, known for the Placuna Placenta oyster shell that we call “Capiz” or “Kappa” shell. These beautiful shells shimmer with an opalescence like that of “Mother-of-Pearl.”
From “Kappa” lamp shades of the 1960’s to decorative accessories and outstanding “Cappa” chandeliers of today, the ageless appeal of Capiz style holds a top spot in the world of delectable decor!
See more Capiz style highlights at 1800lighting.com. Showcase your style with the natural iridescence of Capiz shell lamps, lighting and decor.