Fun Fact: A traditional New Year’s Eve religious service, “Watch Night” is observed to give thanks for life’s blessings and pray for divine favor in the coming year. “Watch Night” was especially significant among African Americans in 1862, as President Lincoln vowed to end slavery with the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863.
Wherever you happen to be, New Year’s marks a time for change, a time for making resolutions and a revival of hope. Make a life changing resolution; Visit a Capitol Lighting showroom and work to improve your future illumination. Rejoice in unbeatable promotional pricing on the year’s finest home lighting and accessories, including shining innovations from Forecast, Hanover Lantern and Thomas Lighting.
Forecast for the future with these brilliant indoor and outdoor illuminations:
- The “Daybreak” collection from Forecast Lighting features pendants, mini-pendants, sconces and bath lighting in satin nickel finishes and etched white opal glass with hand-cut highlights.
- The “Front Row” collection Forecast Lighting features sconces and bath lighting in 3 colorful finish options, including merlot bronze.
- The “Midnight” collection Forecast Lighting features outdoor wall sconces in black or Vista Silver finishes with etched white opal glass.
- Other highlighted creations from Forecast include Strini Glass, handmade and signed by the world-renowned artist, Rick Strini.
Boost the Value of Your Home with Hanover Lantern:
Hanover Lantern offers a comprehensive selection of landscape lights, outdoor lanterns, and contemporary lighting handmade from the finest material and available in 23 unique finishes.
Beauty and the Best in Energy Smart Designs with Thomas Lighting:
The rustic “Hampshire” collection from Thomas Lighting features Energy Smart ceiling pendants, sconces, chandeliers and mini chandeliers in brushed nickel or colonial bronze with etched clear glass. -Founded in 1919, Thomas Lighting’s variety of bold and innovative designs is matched by an unbeatable affordability and commitment to customer service.
No Hangovers, Just Lush Fixtures Hanging!
Visit a Capitol Lighting showroom and make your New Year’s resolutions worth keeping. Follow Capitol Lighting’s Easy as 1-2-3-advice for life-changing illumination.
Capitol Keys to Great Outdoor Illumination
- Get on the right path with strategically placed fixtures for safety and security. Install a few path lights evenly distributed and staggered on either side of the walkway.
- Provide a warm welcome with correctly sized wall lanterns. Choose fixtures that will highlight front steps, keyholes and house numbers. The height of the lantern should be based on the height of the door. If brackets are to be installed on either side of the door, they should measure about one-fourth the height of the door. If only one lantern is to be used, it should be about one-third the height of the door.
- Timing is everything -Invest in the latest automated controls for energy-efficiency, home security and environmental benefits.
Capitol Keys to Bathing in the Light Style
- Mirror Images– Make the most of lighting at the mirror. Wall fixtures adorning each side of the mirror should be properly proportioned and mounted at eye level (approximately 60” off the floor). Horizontal vanity lights over the mirror should be installed about 78” off the floor.
- Dress it up—Decorative ceiling fixtures add elegance and style. Mini crystal chandeliers enhance traditional opulence; decorative hand-painted or modern glass flush fixtures and semi-flush fixtures carry a more contemporary flair.
- Be wise even when you are all wet—Adorn bathing areas with plentiful, yet shielded illumination. Be sure all fixtures are UL listed for damp locations.
Capitol Keys to Clean Up Your Act
- Choose Energy Smart designs: Fixtures and fans equipped with energy-saving CFL (compact fluorescent) lamps are available in outstanding new styles.
- Look for Energy Star ratings: Energy Star is a joint program of the Environmental Protection Agency and Department of Energy that helps individuals save money and protect their environment through energy-efficient products and practices. Energy Star ceiling fans, modern chandeliers and outdoor lighting fixtures require two-thirds less energy than standard lighting, generate 70 percent less heat, and last up to 10 times longer. “If every American replaced just one light bulb or fixture with an Energy Star-qualified one, we would save more than $700 million in annual energy costs, and we would prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars.” *
- Learn to be Dark Sky Compliant—Protect the view of the moon and stars, decrease unwanted glare from artificial light sources, and save energy. Use shielded fixtures for outdoor and landscape lighting. Switching from a 100-watt bulb in an outdoor sconce with openings on the top and bottom to a 40-watt bulb in a fixture that only allows light to shine through from the bottom promotes huge energy-efficient savings while reducing light pollution.
*www.amazon.com.what is Energy Star?
Consult with Capitol Lighting’s professional staff for more information on home lighting. Illuminating New Year’s resolutions is easier with a little help from the professionals and promotional pricing on exquisite innovations. Enjoy holiday discounts this week on all Forecast, Hanover Lantern and Thomas Lighting.