Featured: Howard Elliot Gold Accent Table
Valentine’s Day is this weekend and we’ve got an easy-to-make recipe for you to try! Spoil your significant other with a romantic evening in, by dimming down the lights and cooking up a sweet surprise, we promise they’ll love it!
We originally found this sweet treat on The Cookie Rookie’s site and decided to give it a try. For all the last minute planners and gifters out there, this one’s for you. Easy, simple and ready in no time!
Featued: Howard Elliot Gold Accent Table
- 2-3 low-fat graham crackers, crushed
- 1 cup custard yogurt, vanilla flavored
- 2 (8 ounce) packages low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- A pinch of kosher salt
- Low-fat whipped topping, tinted pink (a few small drops of red food coloring will do the trick)
- For the cheesecake mixture: mix together the yogurt, cream cheese, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt in a bowl until the mixture is a smooth consistency – this may take a while to get it smooth, keep mixing!
- To assemble: Place two heaping tablespoons crushed graham crackers in the bottom of each individual dish
- Spoon approximately ¾ cup cheesecake mixture onto the graham crackers in each dish
- Refrigerate, uncovered, 2-3 hours or until set
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped topping and 1 fresh strawberry per dessert
- And, to really make it fun, add a few Valentine themed sprinkles over the dessert to make it picture perfect!
Enjoy this yummy dessert near the fire, cozied up on the couch and you’ve got yourself a romantic evening in!