Highlight your Landscape with Dark Sky-friendly Illumination
Believe it or not spring is around the corner and February 2nd calls for Punxsutawney Phil to tell us how early to welcome in the new season.*
image of Punxsutawney Phil from cnn.com
Gear up for an early spring with dark sky-friendly illumination and an updated landscape lighting design.
Top 5 Landscape Lighting Ideas for 2015
1. Best dark sky outdoor wall lights
image from lightology.com
“Allegany” dark sky wall lights from Troy Lighting
2. Best dark-sky friendly path lighting installations
image from blog.outdoor.com
“Alumilux” Energy Smart path lighting from ET2
3. Best deck lighting installation
image from http://www.designsense.com
LED shielded deck lighting from Hinkley Lighting
4. Best outdoor accent illumination
image from fotohacker.com
“Aero” Energy Smart indoor/outdoor accent lamps from Sonneman Lighting
5. Best dark sky security lighting systems
image from darkskyinitiative.org
“Faro” LED and ENERGY STAR-rated outdoor security lights from PLC Lighting
“Dark Sky” lighting products are “fully-shielded” outdoor light fixtures that block glare and light pollution. Due to the over abundance of artificial light, even our wilderness is invaded by a yellow glare and sky glow. Not only does this sky glow block our view of a starry night; superfluous artificial night lighting has been linked to the death of wildlife, disturbances in migratory patterns of birdlife and specific cancers in human beings.
For help in highlighting your landscape with dark sky-friendly outdoor light fixtures, contact the experts at 1800lighting.com or meet with a professional lighting consultant at a Capitol Lighting showroom.
* According to Stormfax.com: As of 2014, Punxsutawney Phil has made 118 predictions with an early spring (no shadow) predicted 17 times and these predictions have proved to be correct 39% of the time! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punxsutawney_Phil
So, what are your predictions for the spring of 2015?