Featured: Schonbek Plaza Island Light
Do you know why crystal has captivated man’s attention for centuries?
The beauty of crystal lies in its sparkle and ability to refract light, revealing the magnificent colors of the rainbow. Polish up on the facts, learn how-to distinguish one crystal chandelier from the next and see the light!
Become a Crystal Connoisseur
Featured: Corbett Lighting Vixen Large Pendant
Learn how-to decipher the elements of design with our 7 Crystal Clear Facts:
Featured: Swarovski Verve Wall Sconce
- The true value of crystal depends on the quality, cut, and care given to the natural elements. Whether machine-cut, hand-cut or molded, fine crystal is valued for its color precision and optical purity.
- Although some crystal is prized for its sparkle and flawlessness, the beauty of rock crystal lies in the unique variations. Pure crystal or Rock Crystal is natural quartz treasured for its divine imperfections, outstanding natural fissures and mists, and cool smooth feel.
- Swarovski crystal is manufactured in the Austrian Alps and is famously known to be the finest in the world. Each crystal is engraved with the Swarovski logo to prevent imitation.
- “Optic” crystal is virtually lead-free and noted for being extremely hard with outstanding refractive qualities. Optic crystal is hand polished, cut and bevelled to a flawless smoothness and brilliance. Previously used only for optical equipment and scientific instruments, optic crystal has been incorporated into some of the finest crystal chandeliers, table lamps and wall sconces.
- Colored Crystal is derived from the addition of natural chemical elements and specific colors have been manufactured to produce an array of jewel-like tones and colors.
- Although some crystal manufacturers boast their crystal contains “a high lead count,” lead softens crystal and makes glass cutting and polishing easier, however, it does not always indicate finer quality.
- The ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui says “certain types of crystal may promote healing, enhance energy vibrations and deflect ill effects of outside toxins.” According to Clearing the Clutter for Good Feng Shui by Mary Lambert
- Crystal in the home office may help to reduce the effects of electromagnetic stress and glare from computers and electronic devices by absorbing some of the negative emissions.*
- In bedrooms and bathrooms, crystal lamps and crystal chandeliers provide soothing energy and elegance.
- And, nothing creates a clear and opulent finish to dining areas and foyers like fine quality crystal chandeliers, crystal buffet lamps and wall sconces.
Featured: Quoizel Jolene Chandelier
Are you looking to elevate your environment with polished precision? We love the elegant and timeless statement crystal makes! Do you have a crystal chandelier in your home? What do you like most about it?