Switching to LEDs is the Brightest Change You Can Make
Featured: Sea Gull Metcalf LED Chandelier
One of the easiest ways to transform your space is by simply replacing the light bulbs throughout your house. From outdoor post lamps to bathroom wall lights, changing out the bulbs is one of the most affordable and efficient ways to bring out the best in your decor.
With the latest technological advances and a significant decrease in upfront cost, LED bulbs are now more affordable and more rapidly transforming the way we see the light.
The warm and welcoming glow from the newest LED bulbs provide the same light you are used to receiving from traditional incandescent, but with energy savings that you’re sure to love. Additional advances with LED bulbs include instant on to full brightness – no more flicker! An insanely long lifespan – LED bulbs can last up to 25 years! And they offer smooth full range dimming, making it the perfect light source throughout the entire house.
LED lamps are small, solid state light bulbs and extremely energy-efficient and durable.
- LEDs use 80% less energy than standard incandescent, are shatter resistant and hold up well to jarring and bumping, and last up to 50 times longer.
- LEDs cause little to no heat build up. As 85% of incandescent light energy is wasted in the form of heat, almost all the energy going into an LED is transformed into light.
- Another benefit of giving off less heat is that less air conditioning is needed to keep the home cool.
- Providing up to 50,000 hours or 25 years of illumination, LED’s are the best choice for landscape and outdoor lighting applications where light is required for extended periods of time.
- For task lighting, LED desk lamps, reading lamps and mini-pendants are excellent. LEDs also provide superb under cabinet lighting.
Although the initial investment is more, switching to LED quickly pays for itself in operating savings and maintenance costs.