Best New Table Lamps Shine Alight with Style
Get Set for the Season’s Best–Update your Home with the Latest Table Lamp Styles
This Seasons 5 Most Outstanding Lamp Designs
From big, bold and colorful to mini, beaded and bejeweled, new table lamps are shining alight with outstanding style. Advanced technology combined with creative design, rich metallic and wood finishes, and vibrant hues are highlighted in the season’s top 5 lamp designs…
1. LIGHTING BETTER TO SEE YOU WITH MY DEAR: Technology continues to power the next generation of lamps with better beam control and improved illuminating efficacy. Greater production of LED light sources and the expanding market of energy-efficient task and reading lamps is helping to bring costs down, making these lamps more affordable for the average consumer. Designers are working with lighting experts to incorporate products for home interiors that not only look beautiful, but are also highly functional. Improved lamp options serve to bring out the true colors in fabrics and decor, while providing superior illumination to help individuals compensate for vision-impairments.
“Reid,” a designer task lamp with a novel decorative finish from Arteriors.
The Eco-Task collection creates a brilliant light source without intruding on the task it illuminates. Whether you are crunching numbers or creating a masterpiece, these workhorses light with style and include energy saving LEDs.
2. SUPER SIZE MY LAMP: More than simply blending in with decor, new table lamps are the main attraction. Oversized table lamps are commanding attention in a BIG way!
“Rachel” from Stonegate Designs attracts attention with modern-contemporary elegance, available in a myriad of superb finishes and colorful lamp shade options.
93-9144 33″ Table Lamp from Sterling Industries in Montauk Grey with Grey Ribbed Shade
“Upbeat” table lamp from Currey and Company commands attention in Terracotta with a Linen shade. Available in Orange (shown), Red, Teal or Yellow.
3. CLASSIC CUT OUTS: Open, airy lighting designs appeal to traditionalists and minimalists, alike. The desire for simplicity and an uncluttered approach to home decorating has led to a resurgence of clean, retro style and a leaning toward modern décor.
New from Murray Feiss, a stunning cut out design in a Metallic Moondust finish with a Cream Liquor Shantung shade.
4. BEJEWELED AND BE “BAUBLED”: A craving for nostalgia, precious gems and crystal is simply presented with a bit of charismatic enchantment. New gold standards are rising, with substantial finishes including subdued coppery blends and metallic shades that glisten and captivate. The “Downtown Abbey” trend has come to light with lamps reminiscent of this Romantic Era tastefully bejeweled with beads and baubles.
32″ Table Lamp from James R Moder from the Boutique Collection.
The “Rivendell” table lamp (7888-48), crystal elegance at its best by Schonbek.
5. SUSTAINABILITY : Sustainable natural elements capture attention as recyclable materials are incorporated into designer light fixtures and lamps. Hand-carved wood, clear and colored crystal, polished gemstones and unique hand-forged metals are being showcased in new table lamps and light fixtures.
Sustainability and accountability take center stage, as Americans are looking to be on the forefront of environmental change. People are demanding better quality lighting products that are hand-crafted in America, composed of natural and eco-friendly materials, and ENERGY STAR™ or Energy Smart™-rated for the utmost in energy-efficiency. Table lamps accommodating LED (light-emitting diode), CFL (compact fluorescent) and eco-friendly halogen light bulbs are helping to phase out inefficient and old-fashioned incandescent bulbs.
Updating your home is easy and affordable with the latest portable table lamps, visit a Capitol Lighting showroom for a first look at the season’s best. View all new lamp styles and coming attractions for 2014 at 1800lighting.com.