One of our favorite seasons is upon us and we can’t wait to transform the home decor to fall enriched colors with pumpkins galore! Like so many, the changing of seasons provides us a time to reflect and start a new. The falling leaves, the gathering of friends and family and the crisp, cool air makes this season one of our favorites!
Falling leaves and shorter days are easier to enjoy when your home is in top form. Better Homes & Gardens created a home maintenance checklist that we thought was perfect for preparing for the fall and winter seasons! We’ve also incorporated a few lighting tips to the checklist that are just as important to keep in mind:
- Clean out the gutters
- Weather-seal windows and doors
- Replace damaged roof shingles
- Winterize irrigation systems
- Refresh furnaces, fireplaces and heating systems
- Change air filters and make sure humidifiers are working well
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Review emergency procedures and fire escape plans with family members
- Repair outdoor walkways, driveways and steps
- Ensure all outdoor and landscape lighting is working and reset timers to adjust to early evening hour
- Make the switch to energy-efficient LED light bulbs to save on electric bills
Another great way to get your home ready for the fall and winter seasons is to give your rooms a fresh coat of paint! Get inspired with 2016’s Color Forecast and make your home cozy for the holidays. Here are three of our favorite lighting fixtures to create the perfect fall ambiance.
Featured: Corbett Lighting Koi Large Pendant
Are you ready for the changes ahead? What other items are on your checklist?