Wilderness, Lodge Living and Lighting
Winter is hanging on with a vengeance up north, and the snow-covered earth is surely a delight for the skiing population. However, for those of us who are staying indoors, “cabin fever” is on the rise.
The demand for lodge-style lighting and decorative accessories is robust and new rustic chandeliers, wall decor and accent furniture are incorporating a wilderness theme with a variety of natural elements and brilliant compositions.
Embrace the season; revamp the ski lodge with decorative new items embodying comfort, warmth and a timeless wilderness-style. See the latest from Currey and Company, Meyda Tiffany and other outstanding vendors at 1800lighting.com.
Whether a lodge-style home is your permanent residence or you have a vacation home in the mountains, make sure to illuminate wisely for energy-efficiency, aesthetic effects and pure decorative pleasure. The latest light fixtures, lamps and decorative accent pieces are on-trend and irresistible.
Top 5 Must-Have’s for a Wilderness Retreat that Shines On Every Season
1. LED (light emitting diode) lamps. Not only are they the most energy-efficient light source, LED lamps and solid-state lighting hold up extremely well to harsh winter weather conditions.
2. Glare-free, ambient illumination. New rustic torchiere floor lamps offer plentiful illumination. Look for a dimmable torchiere lamp that will provide up to 4000+ lumens to light up an entire room.
3. A fabulous wilderness-themed light fixture. An eye-catching rustic chandelier will provide style and a unique natural essence to your room’s interior design.
4. Accent lamps and accessories that showcase your personality. Do not underestimate the power of a few well-chosen accessories to truly reflect your point of view.
5. Top quality and eco-friendly products. To keep your decorative environment organic and healthful, more lighting vendors are looking to deliver products that are cleanly designed and manufactured.
“Montauk” accent table from Currey and Company in a Rustic Gray-Natural finish and natural driftwood topped with steel
The “Bayside” chandelier in White Coral Natural Sand finish features hand-wrapped abaca rope over wrought iron.
The “Treetop” chandelier with an Old Iron finish showcases intricate hand-forged craftsmanship.
“Crystal Buds” in wrought iron with Cupertino finish add a bit of sparkle to this rustic chandelier.
The “Driftwood” chandelier embodies a natural finish with driftwood left in its natural state and painstakingly selected and wired to a wrought iron frame so that no two pieces are alike.
A provocative finish in Silver Granalo graces the “Haywood” chandelier from Currey and Company
“Mountain Lodge” coffee table from Butler Specialty
Quoizel outdoor “Lodge” lantern in Mystic Black finish with Clear Hammered glass
Personalized “Black Dog Lodge” fan from Meyda Lighting
Antlers and twisted rope details bring on the wilderness vibe in a gorgeous New Tortoise finish from Savoy House.
New from Currey and Company, the natural white-washed rustic bench
Of course, the groundhog did not see his shadow this weekend, so–like it or not –we have a lot more winter to enjoy. Make the most of a beautiful season and decorate with the finest in rustic lighting and décor.