We can’t love any holiday more than National Donut Day! What’s not to love about this perfectly sweet and doughy treat?
Instead of heading to your favorite donut shop, why not try to make some of your own? With just a few ingredients and little prep time, you’ll enjoy deliciously warm donuts without leaving your house.
We created our own yummy donuts via Sprinkle & Sugar recipe.
- 1 can Original Pillsbury Biscuit Dough (8 biscuits)
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 – 5 tbs of hot water
Make the Glaze
- In a medium bowl, pour the sugar, vanilla and water and mix well. Add water by tablespoon to reach desired thickness for glaze (we preferred to keep it thicker and used only 4 tablespoons)
Make the Donuts
- Open the can and separate the biscuits. Make small circles in the middle of each biscuit. Use a small cookie cutter to make it easier. (Tip: save the extra dough for mini-donut balls. Yum!)
- In a medium pan, heat the vegetable oil until it reaches 375 degrees. Make sure oil stays at this temperature throughout.
- Place two donuts in the oil and let it fry 1 minute per side, continuously flipping every minute until fully cooked.
- Once the donuts are golden brown, place in a plate padded with tissue paper to absorb excess oil.
- Let the donuts cool for one minute and dip one side into glaze.
- Place on rack to dry and drip any excess. Cool and enjoy!
Featured: Uttermost Kinzley Drawer Chest