You recycle. You turn off electronics when you’re not using them. You’ve even thought about buying a hybrid car. So why not extend that “green mentality” to your lighting? Well, aside from reducing waste and helping the environment, you’ll save some money too. Below are five fantastic reasons to go green today:
1. An Easy Exchange: Switching from incandescent bulbs to compact fluorescents is easy and affordable, because replacing bulbs or fixtures to make them fluorescent compatible does not involve changes in electrical installation.
2. Long-term Benefits: Energy-efficient fluorescents use one-fifth to one-third the electricity of a comparably bright incandescent bulb and last 10-20 times longer. While incandescent bulbs are inexpensive to buy, they consume more energy than any other type of bulb and have a relatively short life.
3. Better Quality of Light: Fluorescent lighting is now available in over 200 colors, ranging from warm white tones resembling incandescent light to cool white tones similar to daylight. CFL (compact fluorescent) bulbs are especially fitting to illuminate closets, workrooms, home offices, children’s rooms, security areas, as well as kitchens and bathrooms.
4. Great Cost-Savings: If you operate a security light from dusk to dawn or 4,000 hours a year, replacing the 100-watt incandescent light bulb with a 32-watt compact fluorescent lamp will save you about $26 a year per fixture.
5. Low Maintenance Perks: If you operate a 100-watt incandescent bulb 12 hours a day, on average, that bulb will have to be replaced six times a year while a single fluorescent bulb usually last 2.5 years.
Convinced? The best part is your transformation is only a Capitol Lighting showroom away.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to keep checking back for more helpful tips and tricks.
See you soon!