The Thronedown Ultimate Bathroom Design Challenge: Ladies vs. Men
The design process is complete, and the Thronedown Challenge is about to commence. The votes will be cast and the crown awarded to the champion designer. Capitol Lighting followers can visit our company’s Facebook page to vote, while showroom customers and employees can get a live look at the renovations in order to choose their favorite design and cast their ballots.
This friendly competition between two northern New Jersey interior designers has involved weeks of hard work, resulting in a transformation of both the men’s and ladies’ restrooms in Capitol Lighting’s Paramus store. The finalists were chosen based on their expertise; they each received a $2,000 project budget with lighting supplied by Quoizel and Feiss.
Men’s Restroom Before/After
Anna Maria Mannarino- Mannarino Designs, Inc.
Mannarino’s vision was to create something sophisticated, dramatic and tailored. Her step-by-step design process included:
- Sheet rocking and painting the walls
- Tiling the floor with Artistic Tiles “Ironworks” in a copper finish
- Creating a new custom vanity, tiled in a mosaic created from glass and metal
- Painting the ceiling grid and adding new ceiling tiles
- Removing old light fixtures and replacing them with two new ceiling fixtures and new vanity lighting, provided by Quoizel
- Adding new mirrors provided by Quoizel
- Painting the partitions and doors in metallic paint
- Replacing miscellaneous accessories/items such as toilet paper holders and seat covers.
- Adorning walls with artwork from Uttermost
This award winning interior and event designer owns Mannarino Designs, Inc. Her interior design projects include historic mansions, New York boardrooms, metropolitan apartments, beach cottages, restaurants and banquet facilities. The company is located in Holmdel, NJ and may be contacted at (866) 574-3326 or by visiting http://mannarinodesigns.com.
Ladies Restroom Before/After
Jodie O’Connor- Jodie O’Designs, LLC
O’Connor’s inspiration for the ladies restroom was to create a space using clean lines and simplicity along with accents of saturated color. Her step-by-step design process included:
- Selecting a new color palette
- Adding artwork
- Painting the partitions and doors
- Removing old flush mount and pendant fixtures and replacing them with new fixtures provided by Feiss
- Adding a new mirror
- Creating a custom sink skirt
- Adding new ceiling tiles
- Pressure cleaning the tile floor
O’Connor is an acclaimed interior designer whose work has been featured in Design NJ and NJ Countryside magazines, as well as in the high profile Designer Show house at the Mansion in Far Hills. She owns Jodie O’ Designs, LLC, a full service interior design firm that specializes in custom window treatments, furniture and accessories. The company is located in Whippany, NJ and may be contacted at (973) 214-6600 or by visiting http://www.ointeriordesigns.com/.
Stayed tuned for your chance to vote on Capitol Lighting’s Facebook page. Capitol Lighting will announce the winning designer and present her with the grand prize of a $1,000 shopping spree.