Bedroom Lighting: Have More Fun Starting from the Ceiling!
One of the simplest and most powerful ways to personalize your bedroom is with a unique and dynamic central ceiling fixture. Advanced technology featuring dimming light capabilities and brilliant modern fixture design embody illuminating compositions that will capture attention and expand upon the theme and aura you wish to create.
5 Top Tips for Suite Dreaming:
- Select a modern fixture that speaks to you: There is no end to the creativity in lighting design, especially when it comes to designer ceiling bedroom fixtures. From the finest crystal to whimsical fish swimming in light, your lighting fixtures may be the catalyst to an entire decorating scheme.
- Know your space and size the fixture accordingly: The basic calculation is to add the width and length of your room in feet and convert that figure to inches. So for a room that is 11 x 14 feet: 11+14 = 25. Look for a central ceiling fixture that is around 25 inches in width.
- The height of your ceiling fixture should measure about 2 ½-3 inches for each foot of room height, so for standard 8 foot ceilings, look for a traditional or modern fixture that is around 20-24 inches in length.
- Install fixtures to the scale of the room: The general rule is to hang fixtures about 7 feet from the floor to the bottom of the fixture. With higher than standard ceilings, designer ceiling fixtures may hang about 7’6” from the floor. In a larger bedroom, a central fixture may hang a bit lower in keeping with room décor for a more dramatic effect.
- Consider bulb options and control systems. Dimming light features and automated controls accessible by the bed are a must-have item. When choosing bulbs for bedroom fixtures, opt for lamps with the best color quality and dimming light capabilities.
Whether it is an elegant crystal chandelier for a masterful bedroom suite or a whimsical fantasy creation for a child’s bedroom, the lighting market offers limitless and customizable designer ceiling creations to make your bedroom a dream come true.
Check out some of the latest entities:
– Personalize your child’s bedroom with “ Wild Ride” “Splash” or “Starship” from ELK Lighting, Inc.
Elk Lighting 5093-3 Wild Ride 3 Light Ceiling Pendant
– Add glamour and romance to make your master bedroom a true retreat with Crystorama’s “Hampton” collection.