1. Increase eye appeal:
- Show off the beauty of your home after dark.
- Highlight favorite flower beds and shrubs.
- Dramatize trees, pools, fountains, and masonry textures.
- Accent statuary and other focal points.
- Illuminate your patio or deck to provide a backyard haven for nighttime relaxation and entertaining.
2. Increase security and value:
- Good lighting on steps, walkways and driveways helps to avoid accidents.
- Floodlighting and automatic operating devices deter prowlers and vandals.
- Grounds which are dramatically lighted at night appear more luxurious, increasing the resale value of your property.
3. Plan the perfect landscape offensive…
- Covert operations: conceal the light source behind shrubs, etc., where possible—except when the fixture itself is a decorative element.
- Don’t overlight—besides creating “light pollution” too much light does not bring out the best in your landscape design.
- Be creative and add depth with a mixture of lighting techniques.
- Arrange for an automatic device to turn lights on and off, such as a timer or photocell.
- Be considerate of your neighbors-aim lights so they do not shine into their windows.
For beautiful landscape lighting fixtures, browse our online catalog now!